Cardiovascular disease: the causes of a feeling of heart cramp
Heart pain can be caused by various factors such as:Read also: How to cook asparagus well?
- anxiety, lack of sports, caffeine, tobacco;
- a myocardial infarction (heart attack): in this case, the pain is accompanied by severe heart pain radiating into the back, left arm or jaw;
- pulmonary embolism (formation of a clot in a pulmonary artery);
- angina pectoris: pain occurs during or after exercise;
- pericarditis (inflammation of the membrane surrounding the heart).
Heart pain: when to worry
Any heart or chest pain, whatever its mode of manifestation (cramp, tingling, tightness, etc.) requires medical advice, in order to eliminate a myocardial infarction or a pulmonary embolism. Certain signs must alert to consult urgently:
- sudden, severe, tightness in the chest
- exacerbated pain on inspiration;
- pain that lasts more than 5 minutes at rest;
- pain that radiates to the left arm, back, or jaw;
- an irregular heartbeat.
The treatment of heart pain depends on the cause, it can be medical, surgical or simply require a change in lifestyle.